Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sherri Wilson Johnson & Song of the Meadowlark

Song of the Meadowlark by Sherri Wilson Johnson

A strong combination of suspense and Jane Austen style romance, Song of the Meadowlark leads the reader from Georgia to Florida and back again.

Cora's life journey captures the reader in a way that creates an insatiable need to read more, to learn more, and to discover more.

With a strong faith element, Cora's dependence and faith in the Lord shows the reader the epitome of true love and true devotion.

The romantic dance between Cora and Rex is reminiscence of Elizabeth and Darcy. Delightful and beautiful, emotive and suspenseful, Song of the Meadowlark brings back the style of Victorian-era writing--a truly wonderful read.

Learn more about Sherri Wilson Johnson and her book Song of the Meadowlark:


Your novel, Song of the Meadowlark,--tell us a little about it.

SWJ~Song of the Meadowlark is a Contemporary Inspirational Romance full of hope, forgiveness, and second chances at life and love set in South Georgia on a ranch with an ornery cowboy.
Here is Song of the Meadowlark’s synopsis: When trusting others only leads to pain and rejection, and loving ends only in loss, what will it take to restore hope again? Shunned by the uncovered truth about her missing husband’s secret life, Cora Buchanan sets out on a road trip for home to mend her broken relationship with her parents. When her car breaks down, she’s stranded in a small Georgia town. While staying at the struggling Southern Hope Ranch, she meets little Susie O’Reilly, who unexpectedly fills a void in Cora’s heart. But Rex, Susie’s rugged cowboy father who lost his wife a year earlier, seems to go out of his way to either confront or avoid Cora. It doesn’t help her comfort level that the news continues to report missing and murdered women in the area. Cora has no idea just how close to home the crimes will hit…or how much the sweet sound of the meadowlark’s song at the ranch will impact her future.


Sneak a peek at the first chapter! http://sherriwilsonjohnson.com/sherris-books/song-of-the-meadowlark/


How did the idea and/or inspiration of writing these books come about?


SWJ~I had always wanted to write a cowboy story but wasn’t sure I could do it because I’m extremely afraid of horses. I thought it might be kind of foreign to me and that my readers would pick up on it. I originally set it in Wyoming, because that’s where I thought all cowboy books had to be set. But it didn’t flow well because I’ve never been out west. I changed the setting to South Georgia and changed the bird from a Western Meadowlark to an Eastern Meadowlark, and it all fell into place. I wrote this book with the theme of forgiveness and starting over, because those are two topics I know all too well.

What do you hope readers take away from your books?

SWJ~The theme of To Dance Once More, Song of the Meadowlark, and all my other novels (still unpublished) revolves around the purity of both my heroine and hero. I long to encourage my readers (both young and old/married or single) to live a life of purity and to feel the hope of forgiveness when they do not. Whether the book is historical or contemporary, inspirational fiction is the only fiction I will write because it allows me to share Jesus with people who may already know Him, but who are struggling in their walk. To share the message of purity and forgiveness with the world has been one of my greatest longings and writing inspirational romance helps me accomplish that. Therefore, I’m pressing on toward that goal.

Who is your favorite character?

SWJ~I like Cora, the heroine in Song of the Meadowlark, because she’s strong although her circumstances are seemingly impossible and she thinks she’s weak. I like how she grows throughout the book. But my favorite is Rex O’Reilly, the cowboy. He’s ornery and secretive and moody and you just about want to hate him. Until you love him. :)

Other than writing, what else occupies your time?

SWJ~Other than family, I work on our women's ministry team at church. I also have three part-time work-from-home jobs that allow me to contribute to our income while having the flexibility of continuing my writing.


Sherri Wilson Johnson lives in Georgia with her husband and two children. She is represented by Les Stobbe, is a member of the ACFW, a graduate of the Christian Writers Guild writing course, an active blogger, and a former homeschooling mom. She loves to dream of romantic places and romance in general–good, clean romance. She is a bird-watcher, loves the ocean, roller coasters, ice cream, her family and her Chihuahua, who faithfully sits by her side every day when she writes. Sherri is the author of To Dance Once More (OakTara) and Song of the Meadowlark (OakTara) and is a columnist for Habits for a Happy Home and Choose NOW Ministries.

Connect with Sherri:
http://sherriwilsonjohnson.com
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Author-Sherri-Wilson-Johnson/138396456193536
https://twitter.com/#!/swj_thewriter
http://nicoleodell.com/sherri-wilson-johnson-on-inspiring-purity
http://www.habitsforahappyhome.com
http://pinterest.com/sherriwjohnson/
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5233294.Sherri_Wilson_Johnson
http://www.bookfun.org/profile/SherriWilsonJohnson
http://sherrijinga.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment