Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mary L. Ball & Stone of Destiny

Stone of Destiny is the second book written by Mary L. Ball.

Brief blurb of this book: Taylor has given up on everything but her work. After becoming the youngest CEO of Mugful’s Beverage Company, she believes life is complete--until her grandmother asks her to oversee the renovations of the family home, in addition to searching for a missing heirloom.
Her first contact with what she believes is an insignificant ring, lost for fifty years, sends her life spinning. Taylor experiences strange. Unexpected feelings surface that she doesn't understand. Thoughts that should remain unspoken are voiced.
Taylor’s emotional journey begins, testing a heart as cold as the ring itself and forcing her to question everything she believes.
Is this a fairytale, or simply her soul reaching out for a different world--a life she can only find
through faith and a divine trust in God?


The blurb captivates me and urges me to try this book. Based on the reviews below, Mary L. Ball is one author that I will enjoying reading.

"Mary L. Ball writes an intriguing suspenseful story. The book is a delightful read full of suspense, romance and the destiny for those who follow God's will. Well done, Mary!" ~ VPC Amazon Reviewer

"I felt that Mary did a great job on the writing of this book! It was a light mystery and romantic story. And yes, A Christian story! I gave her five stars because of how she put it all together to make it a very,interesting story that keeps the reader wanting to keep coming back and not wanting to put it down so easily." ~ A. Amazon Reviewer

"If you like a wonderful story with lots of romance, a little bit of suspense, and a story in which faith in God plays a big part, then this is the book for you." ~ DLG Amazon Reviewer

To read more reviews, click on this link: http://www.amazon.com/Stone-Destiny.

Learn more about Mary L. Ball and her book Stone of Destiny.

How did the idea and/or inspiration of writing this book come about?

MLB~ My Grandson has a fascination with teenage magic books. I passed by him reading the latest saga on one such novel, and the thought hit me. I needed to write about a spiritual kind of enchantment that only happens with faith and prayer.

Your book has a strong faith element. How natural was this to write about?

MLB~ For me it is very natural. I stand on faith. Things don’t always work out the way I want, but my faith lies in the fact that God knows best and in the end, I’m the winner.

What do you hope readers take away from this book?

MLB~ I want readers to see that often the road we’re taking isn’t always the one meant to walk down. Life shifts at times, for the best.

Which of the characters in the novel is most like you and why?

MLB~ Well, personality wise I must say it’s Granny Kaye. She faulted in faith a bit, but it didn’t take her long to get back up (Spiritually speaking) and gather more determination.

Who is your favorite Biblical character and why?

MLB~ David is my favorite. Even though he stood strong and trusted in God, he sinned. It’s through David’s pleas of repentance that we learn to take our faults to the Lord and seek pardon.   

What’s your favorite and least favorite part about being a writer?

MLB~ I love creating a fictional world with any type of possibilities that my imagination wants, but I don’t enjoy the editing process.

What advice would you have for writers hoping to follow in your footsteps?

MLB~ Read, write and continue to grow your writing skills. I’m still learning.
Above all, don’t give up. Send out queries until you can wallpaper you house with the rejects. If you’re persistent, a publisher will notice.

Other than writing, what else occupies your time?

MLB~ I wear many hats in a days’ time. I’m a caregiver for my mom and step-dad. A babysitter for my Grandkids. I try my best to support my husband’s ministry. Hubby and I sing at churches and retirement facilities. Oh yea, did I mention I like to go to the lake and fish.  

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed being interviewed by Rebel Book Reviews very much! Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this book and the characters, which most are typical of a small town where people know others. It shows how our faith in the Lord, when we allow Him to lead, can change lives. I admire the way the author, Mary L. Ball, weaves her story and brings it to an end. Good read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Stone of Destiny and loved it. The characters are developed and work together well. This book makes you feel you know the people and the addition of a mysterious element gives it a frisson,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview. Congratulations on your latest book release, Ms. Ball. If anyone hasn't read the book, I encourage them to read the excerpt. If that doesn't hook them, they either don't enjoy reading or they don't have a pulse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great novel. I loved the story and the characters were so well developed I felt connected from the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thoroughly enjoyed Stone of Destiny. Mary does a wonderful job with her novels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read this book and enjoyed it. I can understand someone wanting a precious heirloom. Good job, Mary Ball.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently read and thoroughly enjoyed "Stone of Destiny". It's always nice to get a glimpse of the mastermind behind those interesting characters in books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm half way through the book and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an inspiration, Mary. I can't wait to read Stone of Destiny--such an enthralling premise! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete