Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Calico Spy by Margaret Brownley

Calico Spy
by 
(Shiloh Run Press/Barbour Publishing 2016)

This was a really good western/romance novel. I always find the stories of Pinkertons entertaining; especially one of a woman who is determined to defy all odds and beat the preconceived ideas of how and what a woman should do.

The heroine isn't a prissy woman, nor is she an Annie Oakley. To me, Katie was the in-between, strong, independent, and yet woman enough to catch the eye of Branch, who was a complex man.

There were not a lot of twists to this book, nor was it unpredictable; but, this didn't mar the story at all. It was steady. There were comical moments. It was historical accurate. And it was thoroughly enjoyable.

This is the second book that I have read of Margaret Brownley's and I find that every time I pick up one of her books, I find myself enjoying each word I read.

***I received this book through NetGalley in exchange of my complete and honest review***

No comments:

Post a Comment