Saturday, April 8, 2017

Tranquility compiled by Amie Carlson

compiled by
Amie Carlson

This is a first for me: reviewing a coloring journal. The fad that seems to be holding on for quite a long time which turns this fad into a trend is the adult coloring books.


Tranquility takes the idea of coloring and combines it with a devotional prayer and scripture. 

To review this journal I had to decided on two things: Scripture and prayer used and "color-ability" of the designs within the pages.

I'm starting with the second: ease of color the designs. 
Some pages do not offer much in the way of coloring. The designs do not allow for any artistic leeway. Those pages were few and far between. 
As for the others, some gave toward more detailed coloring. It allowed for the artistic rendering of the reader. 



 
Others were simple designs that made coloring in the artwork easy. 






On a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest in design: I give Tranquility a 4. I find the coloring therapeutic.  

As for the Scripture and prayers, I am not a fan of the New Living Translation. To me it seems as though the beauty of God's word is somehow lost in translation with some of the verses. 

The New Living Translation does allow for an ease of understanding, so this is a major plus for those who are not comfortable with the King James Version or New King James Version.

Each prayer written is thoughtfully crafted. I find that these prayers are simple and yet with a depth that finds a way to helping me gain more insight into God's word.

On a scale of 1 to 5 for the Scripture and prayer: I give this one a 3.5. 

This is a good coloring journal that I am enjoying each night. And it would make for a great gift on those special occasions. 

***click on the title for the option to purchase a copy of the book*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment