Frantic by Mike Dellosso

Frantic
by
Mike Dellosso
(Realms 2012)

I love thrillers. I love horror. I like the heart thumping reaction to reading the battle between good and evil. Frantic offered me exactly that.

This is an in-your-face type of story. Think Stephen King and Rose Red, think Dean Koontz and his supernatural stories, or how about House on Haunted Hill?

Those don't compare to the darkness that this book forces the reader to face.

One twist after another kept the pages turning. One breath stealing scene to another kept me glued to the words unfolding before me.

This isn't your run of the mill Christian fiction or Christian thriller. It is straight up horror for the adrenaline junkies. And like most all horror stories, good overcomes evil; evil never prevails; and in this story, God is in control of it all.

This is just one of many books by Mike Dellosso that proved to me that he is beyond a doubt a master storyteller. If I want a book that will wear me out, will force me to keep the lights on, or will cause me to triple check my locks, then he is my go-to guy.
 


As with any book, it does have it flaws. Maybe I wished for a deeper connection with one of the characters (just not Gary or Harold, thank you). Maybe I wished for a little more action in some scenes, some kind of movement of the characters that would bring them to life a little bit more. But those are just my preferences. 

The story that Frantic brought to me quickly tamped down any thing that I may have considered a flaw. The story moved quickly, never allowing for a breath to be taken, and gave me a really great read. If you have not tried any of Mike Dellosso's books, I encourage you to do so. They are books that will definitely stay with you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Name is a Tower by LeAnne Blackmore

Shirley Corder's Strength Renewed

Mississippi Nights (& Something Extra)