Tainted by Morgan L. Busse

by
(Enclave 2016)


When I had the chance to obtain Tainted and read it, I jumped at the chance. Morgan Busse delighted me with her Follower of the Word series, and I looked forward to her new steampunk book.

I love steampunk. From Jules Verne to movies like Wild, Wild West and Sherlock Holmes (which is slightly more steampunky than most SH shows), I enjoy that mesh of steam powered technology and Western/Victorian setting.

Morgan Busse created a new world and immersed the reader right into the story. Without using prologue or backstory, she was able to span the course of two years without any hitches. I really got to know the characters well before the real conflicts started.

It's not only steampunk, but also a taste of the supernatural. This makes Tainted even extra unique. And I love unique books!

Her characters leave you with a whirlwind of emotions: excitement, anxiousness, joy, and curiosity. One brought out an emotion, and the other brought out a different emotion, spurring me to flip that page to see what would happen.

The twists in the book were enough to keep me engrossed and at times with a Malcolm Reynold's reaction of "huh", I did not see that coming.

I look forward to reading the next book. I have a feeling about some of those characters and who they actually might be. And I need to know more about the other land. 













*** click on the book title for the option to purchase a copy of the book***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Name is a Tower by LeAnne Blackmore

Shirley Corder's Strength Renewed

Love Him Anyway by Abby Banks