Crisis Shot by Janice Cantore

Crisis Shot
by
Janice Cantore
(Tyndale 2017)

I've tried many of Janice Cantore's books in hopes that I would find one that I could like and read. Unfortunately,  this one was not the book. 


Although I found this book difficult to immerse myself into and where I found myself speed reading quite a few paragraphs, I realize that this could be a good book for many people. 

I didn't like the pages and pages of backstory and description of who the character was and what had happened to them previously. There were a lot of repetition throughout. And at one point the "oh, my ---" phrase was used. It was used in Spanish, but still, many readers would take that as using God's name in vain.

The pace was steady. The writing style solid and at times intense. After three books I think I can say this author isn't for me. But I would tell readers who are looking for a good police story within the Christian market should give Janice Cantore a try. You might like her books.  

***I received a copy of this book from Tyndale in exchange of an honest review***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Name is a Tower by LeAnne Blackmore

Shirley Corder's Strength Renewed

The Reluctant Guardian by Susanne Dietze