The Reluctant Guardian by Susanne Dietze

The Reluctant Guardian
(Love Inspired 2017)

Years ago, before I learned about Christian fiction novels, I was a fan of Julie Garwood and her ilk. Those books were the only historical romances that I cared to read, especially when they hosted a Scottish character.

Now that I have matured and moved away to more wholesome and rewarding books, I have also kept an eye out for a story that reminded me of those books. Since historical romance isn't my preferred genre, I am a harsher critique compared to many romance readers out there.

So it was a delightful surprise to pick up Susanne Dietze's book, The Reluctant Guardian. The story of Gemma and Tavin was complex, and yet simple. The story was multilayered, and yet straightforward. As you can see the plot and romance created an unique juxtaposition.

This was far behind what I thought it would be and I found myself reading it for a second time to ensure that I didn't miss anything. The book is just as good on the second read-through.

The description of the settings, the multi-faceted characters, and the humorous banter made this more than an enjoyable read. It allow me to escape into a far distant world and live a life of love and adventure.

Susanne Dietze has quickly become one of my favorite authors. And The Reluctant Guardian has been one of my favorite romances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Name is a Tower by LeAnne Blackmore

Shirley Corder's Strength Renewed