Bedtime Read and Rhyme Bible Stories

Bedtime Read and Rhyme Bible Stories
by
Bonnie Rickner Jensen
(Thomas Nelson 2016) 

I'm still on my kick about reviewing books for children. I have come across some great titles, and books that will make exceptional Christmas presents. This book by Bonnie Rickner Jensen and illustrated by Robert Dunn is great.


Even though as times the rhymes may seem forced, that only occurred twice that I found, the stories are easy to read and hold a cadence that will delight young readers.

The Biblical stories are sound and accurate. I especially loved the stories, Moses Leads God's People and Three Big Names, Three Brave Men. But the one I loved the most was The Shepherd cares for the Lost.

"If one of His sheep, 
Just one little one, 
Wanders away from His side, 
He wont's give up!
He won't give in!
He'll search both far and wide."

A simple, yet powerful, story of His amazing love.

The details of the illustrations are rich and colorful. And this adds dimension to the stories. 

This beautiful book of bedtime stories is a definite must have for any child.

***I received this book through BookLook Bloggers via Thomas Nelson*** 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God's Name is a Tower by LeAnne Blackmore

Shirley Corder's Strength Renewed

Mississippi Nights (& Something Extra)